|Fishing in Abaco||What to do||Abaco Cooking|
|The Ferry Service||Abaco Art and Decor|
OUR award-winning Coldwell Banker Lightbourn Realty team offers you the following tips for buying and selling Abaco real estate.
▪ Do not overprice your home
▪ Fresh coat of paint where needed, especially on the front door
▪ Keep home free of clutter. This includes counter tops in your kitchens and bathrooms and personal items such as figurines ? anything that clutters the space. Rent a storage room if necessary
▪ Have your property (interior/exterior) treated for pests on a routine basis.
▪ Keep up with general preventative maintenance
▪ Enhance your home in all the small ways that are not costly: Clean, paint touch up, regrout or clean grout, get rid of clutter even before showing to a realtor even and setting a price.
▪ Pricing, pricing, pricing – key to selling in shortest time.▪ Listen to your realtor – only hire someone you consider competent and then LISTEN. Let them work for you ?they are the experts.
▪ Let your agent assist you with pricing your property since he/she will be familiar with the current market conditions.
▪ Never discuss reason, urgency for selling, or negotiations with anyone besides your agent.
▪ Make sure your real property taxes are up to date before you put your property on the market as this could save time at closing.
▪ Fix any small repairs before showing your home.
▪ Always leave the home when the agent is showing. Your presence will inhibit scrutiny, and the free flow of conversation and questions the prospect will want to ask.
▪ Make sure there is adequate lighting and cooling when showing. Open curtains or blinds, turn lights on and have the A/C fans running.
ABOVE ALL, make sure you are dealing with a Bahamas Real Estate Association-licensed broker or agent.
▪ View several similar properties to have an idea of the market
▪ Be open minded. Visualise the home and try seeing the full potential
▪ When ready to negotiate, make your offer as strong as possible; visit your bank ahead of time to qualify for a loan. If you haven?t, someone may beat you to that home you?ve fallen in love with!
▪ Make sure you are pre-approved before starting your search.
▪ Once you find the property of your dreams, put your deposit down immediately so that you don?t lose the home to another potential buyer.
▪ Have your agent go over enough comparisons that you have a feel for the market. Once educated, when your agent shows you a good deal act on it swiftly!
▪ Only start looking in earnest once you have firmly established what price range you should be exploring ( What you are qualified for). Saves time and time is money.
▪ Look with your head first and heart second.
▪ Avoid buying in low lying areas that are prone to flooding.